Blueberry Lemon Muffin Cake
1 pkg plain yellow cake mix
1 pkg lemon jello
1 cup plain yogurt
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon lemon zest
4 large eggs
1 cup fresh blueberries, rinsed & drained
2 teaspoons confectioners sugar, for dusting, optional
1. Place a rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 10" tube pan with solid vegetable shortening, then dust with flour.
2. Measure out 2 tablespoons of the cake mix & reserve it. Place the remaining cake mix, jello mix, yogurt, oil, water, zest and eggs in a large mixing bowl. Blend with an electric mixer on low speed for 1 minute. Stop the machine and scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula. Increase the mixer speed to medium and beat for 2 minutes more, scraping the sides down again if needed. The batter should look thick and well blended.
3. Toss the blueberries with the reserved cake mix.
4. Pour two thirds of the batter into the prepared pan. Scatter the blueberries over the batter. Spread the remaining batter over the blueberries so that it covers the fruit. Place the pan in the oven.
5. Bake the cake until it is golden brown on top and just starts to pull away from the sides of the pan, 55-65 min. Remove the pan from the oven and place the pan on a wire rack to cool for 20 minutes. Run a long, sharp knife around the edge of the cake and invert it on a rack, then onto another rack so that the cake is right side up. Allow it to cool completely 30 minutes more.
6. Place the cake on a serving platter & drizzle confectioners glaze over cool cake.