2 chicken breasts, boned, skinned and pounded out to 1/4 inch
1/4 c all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp Emeril's Essence
1/2 tsp Emeril's Essence
1 large egg
1/2 c milk
1/2 c bread crumbs
1/2 tsp thyme
1/2 tsp basil
1/2 tsp parsley
1/2 tsp oregano
1 tbsp parmesan cheese
7 tbsp olive oil
Ingredients for Carbonara Sauce
1/4 cup bacon, small dice
1/4 cup pancetta, small dice
1 tablespoon diced onion
1 teaspoon garlic, minced
1 cup heavy cream
1 cup frozen peas
2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 turns fresh cracked black pepper
2 tablespoons country ham, small dice
1 tablespoon chopped parsley
Make the Chicken
1. Season each chicken breast with 1/4 teaspoon of Essence. In a small bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, Parmesan, parsley, basil, thyme, oregano, 1 tablespoon of olive oil and salt.
2. In a separate bowl, season the flour with 1/2 teaspoon of salt and stir to blend. In a third bowl, beat the egg with the milk and season with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon of Essence.
3. In a large skillet or sauté pan set over a medium-high heat, add the remaining 6 tablespoons of olive oil and once the oil is hot, dredge the chicken in the seasoned flour, then the egg wash and finally the bread crumbs.
4. Place the breaded chicken in the skillet and fry for 2 1/2 minutes on the first side, and flip over to cook for 2 minutes on the second side.
Make the Carbonara Sauce
1. In a sauté pan over a medium high heat, render the bacon and pancetta till crispy, remove from the pan and discard all but 1 tablespoon of the fat. Add the onion to the pan and sweat for 2-3 minutes.
2. Add the garlic and sweat for 30 seconds. Immediately add the cream, peas, cheese, salt and pepper. Allow the sauce to boil and reduce by fifty percent before returning the bacon and pancetta to the sauce, and garnishing with the country ham and parsley.
3. Pour 4 tablespoons of the sauce over each chicken breast to serve.
Ingredients for Emeril's Essence
5 tablespoons sweet paprika
1/4 cup salt
1/4 cup garlic powder
2 tablespoons freshly ground black pepper
2 tablspoons onion powder
2 tablespoons cayenne
2 tablespoons dried oregano
2 tablespoons dried thyme
1. Combine all ingredients in a small mixing bowl and blend well. Store in an airtight container in your spice cabinet for up to 3 months